Prescription Medicines Order Line (MOL)
Southern Derbyshire CCG is working in partnership with Erewash CCG and Hardwick CCG on a pilot programme allowing patients across Derbyshire to order repeat prescriptions by telephone. The project goes live around mid-December, subject to confirmation.
The aims are:
- To reduce waste in the repeat prescribing process
- To empower patients to self-care and manage their conditions
- To improve systems in GP practices and community pharmacies
As medicines waste is a significant drain on NHS resources (£30M each year in the East Midlands), patients ordering their own repeat prescriptions is a point of intervention where we can better manage the repeat prescribing process, reduce medicines waste and achieve a QIPP saving.
Currently the following practices are part of the programme where patients are able to call the dedicated number to speak to an experienced health professional when needing to reorder a repeat prescription.
Southern Derbyshire CCG
PHASE 1 – December 2017 to April 2018 (specific dates to be confirmed and agreed)
- Village Street – Dec 17
- New Parkfields Surgery – Dec 17
- Charnwood Surgery – Jan 18
- Haven Medical Centre – Jan/Feb 18
PHASE 2 – from April 2018
- Wellbrook Medical Centre – TBC
- Hollybrook Medical Centre – TBC
- Chapel St Medical Centre – TBC
- Park Farm Medical Centre & Vernon St – TBC
Phase 1 (December 2017 until April 2018)
- College Street – Dec 17
- The Golden Brook Practice – Dec17
- Aitune Medical Practice – Jan 18
- Gladstone House Surgery – Jan/Feb 18
If you require any further information please contact a member of the receptionist team.